Wednesday, June 21, 2023

Sprint #3 Delivery: Howl's Moving Castle

 Sprint #3 Delivery: Howl's Moving Castle

This delivery, I worked on a second pass of the Castle rig, using the most up to date geometry from last sprint. I used the same skeleton with a few adjustments, and decided with feedback from others to make the legs IK instead of using the FK setup I had originally since we'll only be creating a walk cycle.
The IK leg setup will also remedy the issue with the legs not being long enough because the body can be raised and exaggerated a bit with the IK suspension system. I updated the controls to fit with IK legs, and created some more custom controllers for the base, eyes, and some extras for use while setting driven keys.

Here is a screen shot of the rig so far.


And a video of the controls I have working so far.


These are some references that I used to create my custom controllers. I plan to add more next sprint as well.


These are the controllers I created. 


I also set up our newest Presentation linked below: 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Presentation: Howl's Moving Castle

 Final Presentation: Howl's Moving Castle For this last turn in, I worked on implementing animations that Marshall created using my cast...