Monday, July 17, 2023

Sprint #5 Delivery: Howl's Moving Castle

 Sprint #5 Delivery: Howl's Moving Castle

For this sprint, I did a lot of waiting, fixed a lot of bugs, and finally got the castle fully skinned and  into engine with a skeleton that works for its moving parts.

I created a Full Body IK rig for the castle in unreal engine, but it gave me unwanted results since I did not want the body to translate with the movement of the legs,


so I also created IK for the legs only.


Here he is with his IK feet displayed.

In the end, I ended up using the Full Body IK since I was no longer doing a walk cycle animation because of a lack of time. I added his animation blueprint into the sequencer and troubleshooted it with Amritha. There was an issue getting the animation to sync up, but we fixed that in the end.



I added Physics volumes to the upper parts of the castle to simulate with the castle subtle movements, but because of the delays we had in the middle of the week, I couldn't get the results I wanted with the time I had. 


With the weeks we have left, I plan to transfer the skin weights from the newest geo to my maya rig, and animate the sitting sequence in maya. That way I have full control of the rig and can finesse things in engine with a control rig skeleton. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Presentation: Howl's Moving Castle

 Final Presentation: Howl's Moving Castle For this last turn in, I worked on implementing animations that Marshall created using my cast...